Who we are
Leading force in keeping the Internet alive. You may not have heard of us, but we ensure over 125 domain name extensions can be registered, maintained and resolved in the Domain Name System. Every day, we keep over 11 million domain names and the businesses and individuals behind them online.
We are a small part of a big company. We like people who think big and can deliver amazing
You will be a strong Python developer with an understanding of how to create good, well structured, and thoroughly tested code. You will have utilised AWS (including ECS and Lambda) and be comfortable with finding logs, metrics and carrying out at least basic troubleshooting of common AWS services. You will be familiar with Docker and container technologies.
Any operational/systems background will be highly relevant, as you create functionality that operates at low levels, using frameworks such as Twisted for protocol-level interactions,taking requirements from Internet RFCs and creating software to operate on services such as DNS.
You will be accomplished in the creation of clean and elegant RESTful APIs which adhere to design best practice and are highly performant. You will understand how to construct optimised database queries against datastores including MySQL and DynamoDB.
Since our legacy environments are coded in PHP, some level of understanding is desirable, to assist with migration of functionality.
You will be well-versed in creating simple solutions to complex problems, with a focus on shipping incremental elements of functionality regularly.
You will be part of an Agile/Lean squad with full ownership of a platform functional area. We operate a "you build it, you own it" mentality. An out-of-hours rota operates and you will seek(along with the rest of your squad) to minimise any chance of callout.
* Strong Python skills, including effective unit and functional testing.
Software Engineer (Python), Registry
* Knowledge of AWS, including API Gateway, ECS, Lambda, Step Functions. Docker
* Confident with the use of Linux, common command line tools, etc.
* Previous experience of designing and developing APIs and microservices.
* Working knowledge of MySQL and DynamoDB and good query practices.
* Fundamental understanding of good API design and best practice.
* At least an intermediate knowledge of PHP.
* Experience with building and troubleshooting CI/CD pipelines for application
* Managing code repositories within GitHub
* Understanding of system operations and low-level network protocols.
* Expertise in delivery of a microservices architecture.
* An understanding or previous experience within the domain industry.
* Knowing Confluence and Jira for documentation and task plannings
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
Location & Hiring
We are a remote-first team. Your strengths and personality are more important than your location.
If you are resident in any country within +/- 2 hours of the UTC/GMT timezone, we would like
to hear from you.