Software Developer - Back End
Work for an exciting + innovative internet service provider, specialising in supplying Ultrafast Broadband, Voice-over-IP (VOIP) and security solutions, predominantly in rural UK. We are an ambitious and intend to disrupt the market and challenge traditional methodologies and technologies.
Our staff are dynamic, take ownership of their work and strive for personal accountability and job satisfaction. Working in a fast moving and agile environment, every member of the team is essential to our success, giving us the opportunity to continually develop our teams and make a difference.
Who are we looking for?
We require a Back-End Developer to enhance, manage and maintain our systems and applications. You will have the opportunity to work on interesting and challenging problems such as automated network planning built in a distributed computing platform.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to design and influence existing and new systems as well as develop ideas to maximise business efficiency. Professional experience of programming and customising systems will be essential to the success of this role, along with a strong work ethic and ability to own projects throughout their life cycle.
What will you be doing?
* Building our innovative in-house fibre planning tool used by our fibre planners and engineers to design and deliver our network
* Designing and documenting a new workforce management system, and enhancing existing systems to maximise business efficiencies.
* Ensuring our systems and applications are developed in line with our business requirements and outcomes.
* Regularly update senior leadership on projects, owning and escalating issues which arise through to resolution.
* Creation of efficient and accurate detailed technical documentation.
* Flexible approach in dealing with amendments to system/application design, accurately reflecting these in final as-built documentation
What qualifications/experience do we need?
* Hands on knowledge of PostgreSQL or other SQL databases
* Experience with Git, and/or GitLab
* The ability to build and interact with Restful APIs
* Working knowledge of public cloud services
* Working knowledge of Agile tooling, like JIRA or similar