The Loans engineering team support multiple lending businesses within Goldman Sachs. These include the Investment Banking, Asset Management, Global Markets and Consumer and Wealth Management Divisions. As these businesses continue to expand rapidly they require continuous investment from engineering to support revenue growth, reduce risk, meet regulatory obligations and increase client satisfaction.
As part of Firm's digital strategy, there is a multi-year re-platforming of the Loans front-to-back flows for systematic capture of loan data and integrated workflows across businesses and control side to manage risk, achieve the highest level of data quality for external and internal reporting, and help business growth and scalability.
We're looking for a professional to join our engineering team who can help us in enabling the use of public cloud services as part of our platform uplift. You will be working as part of a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, architecting, and building cutting-edge tools, systems and best practices for Engineers across Goldman Sachs. We are at an early stage of modernizing our application stacks around cloud native principles, and you will be directly helping to implement and influence technology strategies that will give our business a competitive edge!
How will you fulfil your potential:
* Build services to integrate on-premises systems with public cloud providers and software libraries to provide consistent, secure, and ready-to-consume patterns for application development teams using public cloud services
* You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
* Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
* You have exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
* You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
* You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
* Collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building customer-centric products
* Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features
* Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
* Minimum of 5+ years of experience
* Experience architecting, designing, and developing applications in an Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform (preferred), or Microsoft Azure cloud environment
* Proficiency in core Java, multi-threading, Spring and ORM frameworks
* Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems
* Solid experience with version control, continuous integration, deployment, and configuration management tools
* Experience with test-driven development and unit testing.
* Collaborate with product owners and architects on making design decisions.
* Development of end user application with high scalability and high throughput.
* Improve, optimize and identify opportunities for improved software development processes.
* Experience with serverless platforms (e.g. AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions)
* Experience using infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
* Bachelor's degree or higher preferred or other professional qualifications.
* Experience with CICD - Gitlab (preferred), Jenkins, etc.