1st/ 2nd Line Support Engineer
Your role as a Support Engineer will be assisting with the deployment and monitoring of global maritime domain awareness systems and subsequent raising / responding to service tickets across these projects.
Supporting the implementation and deployment of new systems and system upgrades, as applicable. In summary this includes, but is not limited to:
* Network configuration.
* Virtual environment configuration.
* Storage configuration.
* Working with undocumented data sources/feeds including meteorological and satellite.
* Provide on-going systems support to end customer systems as well as internal environments
* Document all work in accordance with agreed standards.
The ideal candidate will be working daily with the following technologies so must be able to demonstrate experience in a large proportion of them:
* Knowledge of basic network switching and routing (VLANs/Subnetting/Gateways/DNS)
* Knowledge of virtualisation products (VMWare VSphere/Clustered Hyper V/Citrix Xen Server/KVM/QEMU)
* Experience of enterprise grade Linux Environments (Ubunutu Server /CentOS/Redhat)
* Experience of enterprise grade windows environments (Active Directory/Group Policy/DNS)
* Experience of Windows and Linux scripting languages (Bash/PowerShell/Batch/Python)