Data Engineer - Azure/AWS x2, Hybrid, East London - DataLakes, PySpark, SQL, Azure, Python, AWS, Databricks, Agile
We are looking for a data engineers responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of applications. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
Role & Responsibilities
* Collaborate with Big Data Solution Architects to design, prototype, implement, and optimize data ingestion pipelines so that data is shared effectively across various business systems.
* Build ETL/ELT and Ingestion pipelines and design optimal data storage and analytics solutions using cloud and on-perm technologies.
* Ensure the design, code and procedural aspects of the solution are production ready, in terms of operational, security and compliance standards.
* Participate in day-to-day project and product delivery status meetings, and provide technical support for faster resolution of issues.
Skills and Experience
* Demonstrable design & development experience and experience with big data technologies like Spark/Flink and Kafka
* Proficient in Python, PySpark, or Java/Scala.
Hands-on experience with some of the following technologies:
* Azure/AWS - Data Lake Projects
* Spring/Guice or any other DI framework,
* RESTful Web Services.
* Proficient in querying and manipulating data from various DB (relational and big data).
* Experience of writing effective and maintainable unit and integration tests for ingestion pipelines.
* Experience of using static analysis and code quality tools and building CI/CD pipelines.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements please send your latest CV and call 0191 338 7568