Data Engineer | UK based Candidates | Remote
Full Time - up to £55,000 + Bonus
Our London based, Data Science-driven Client are currently hiring for a Data Engineer to join their team on a fully remote basis, working within the energy & utilities industry on the intersection of innovation and technology as part of a "tech for good" movement.
You will join a cross functional Data team, working with other likeminded engineers and Data Scientists. This includes utilising cloud technologies (in this case, AWS although the hiring manager is very much open to cross training those experienced with Azure or GCP), Python libraries and cutting-edge data analytics tools.
The role will offer you a chance to broaden your skill set and progress to senior and leadership levels within your career.
Your involvement in the projects will help innovate and advance the R&D efforts, pushing forward changes which could genuinely influence the wider world that we live in and tackle some of the biggest challenges faced within this sector.
* Design and develop ETL data pipelines
* API's using API gateway
* Work on time series data connected to IOT devices and energy data
* MySQL and PostgreSQL database systems
* Cross-functional collaboration with Data Scientists and ML Engineers
* R&D efforts
* Programming with Python - exposure to Python data libraries
* Mentoring junior Engineers
* Data Cleansing
* Containers - Automatic processing of Data
* AWS (Redshift, API Gateway) or Similar (Azure/GCP)
* MySQL, PostgreSQL
* ETL Data Pipelines
* Salary up to £55,000
* Company bonus
* Pension scheme
* Health benefits
* Learning and development training
* Social and networking events
* Work from home / remote working
For more information on this job role, please contact ALEX from Jefferson Frank
Key words: Python, AWS, Big Data, Data Engineer, SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift, ETL, API, Data Science, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Pandas, NumPy, Tensorflow