* a nutshell
As a Senior Engineer, you will work as part of an agile development team, helping to build secure and resilient application infrastructure providing an outstanding experience for our customers and engineering teams.
What you'll do
* Design and build industry leading cloud-based infrastructure on AWS
* Using modern DevOps practices, create and manage secure, low maintenance environments in cloud
* Create and maintain development tools to enable effective and efficient CI/CD pipelines
* Help shape and grow cloud estate, with no legacy systems to support
* Automate and improve development and release process
* Support release and production environment where necessary
* Coach and support other team members in DevOps technology and procedures
What we are looking for
* Strong experience with Cloud infrastructure on AWS
* Experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, Cloudformation, CDK
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines such Bitbucket/AWS Code Pipelines
* Exposure to application development using TypeScript or Java
* Good understanding of Cloud design patterns and have used them solve to complex problems
* Experience in coaching and mentoring other members in the team
Why we're looking for people like you:
* To challenge and innovate our stack, our culture, and our ways of working.
* To help us develop new product features and improve existing ones across a variety of projects.
* To collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to deliver an amazing product experience for our customers.
* To contribute and share new ideas for developing features and refactoring areas of code.
* To share and celebrate what you've learned by talking in our Digital Huddle.
* To further develop and flex your mentoring and leadership skills.
Support we will provide
* Access to a wide range of learning offerings including Bitesize
* Relevant technical training as required
* Regular 121s with line manager
* Coaching from other colleagues across the business as required
In addition to the all-important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
* We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance.
* Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table.
* Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We've got it covered through your My client 's, Argos and Habitat store discount card.
* Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
A little about us & our culture
We're proud of our heritage as the UK's supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore, we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We're a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers' financial lives easier. As part of the wider My client 's Group, being one of the UK's most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
It's important that our colleagues reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Our inclusive recruitment policy means we're committed to training and developing all our colleagues, treating everyone fairly and equally when they come and work with us.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.