Joining a growing data & analytics department, you will work closely alongside fellow data engineers, scientists and analysts to deliver valuable insights to a tech company developing solutions for the education industry
With multiple offices across Europe, and a Head Office based in Oslo, you will be tasked with helping to create a centralised data platform
With various data sources from schools, universities and academic institutes around the world, and multiple types of data there are plenty of challenges to get in to!
As part of a smaller team with great flexibility, you will have the opportunity to broaden your skillset and gain experience in areas that may interest you, such as datawarehouse design, project leadership, and data science/ML
Your primary goal is to enable teams across the business develop data-driven products and services, and deliver meaningful insights which can help to optimise education programmes and institutes
Your key responsibilities can include:
* Engineering and implementing highly scalable systems and data pipelines in the data platform
* Designing and implementing solutions to support data lake and data warehousing infrastructure
* Engaging with teams across the organisation to understand business processes and value drivers to capture requirements
* Helping to communicate the best development practices within the organisations
We are looking for you to have some of the following skills & experiences:
* Experience with Python & SQL
* Knowledge and hands on experience of developing services and applications on cloud solutions such as Azure Platform, AWS or GCP (we use AWS)
* Experience with container-based workflows as well as continuous integration and delivery is beneficial
* Familiarity of ETL-processes
* Knowledge and hands-on experience with some of the state-of-the-art big data technologies, i.e. Kafka or Spark
You will be joining an international and informal working environment, where flexibility and functionality are key
Central to the working culture is the work-life balance to ensure you are as productive as can be in a supportive environment.
In practical terms, this means you can work from the office or at home - whatever works for you, and also make good use of flexible working hours to ensure your life outside of work is taken care of too
Collaboration is key - especially in an industry which moves as quickly as data! Regardless of seniority, we encourage everyone to come up with new ideas and be a part of the decision making process - we grow faster together!
For more information or any questions, contact Lucy on email@example.com