£65,000 - £85,000 DOE
Jefferson Frank have partnered with one of the most exciting and widely recognised leaders in modern EdTech solutions worldwide, already working with the likes of Oxford and Cambridge University.
They are looking to expand their Data Engineering and Data Science team in Edinburgh who are passionate about or looking to make the move into the exciting and rapidly growing 'EdTech' industry. They work in a serverless AWS environment and leverage modern Machine Learning algorithms to provide predictive insights/patterns on 'elearners' and educational institutions worldwide.
The following experience is necessary:
* 3+ years of work experience
* Professional experience with developing in both Python and Java
* Experienced with SQL and relational databases
* Experience with AWS, in particular S3, SQS, Lambda
* Professional experience with Apache Spark and/or Apache Hive
* Familiar with Elasticsearch
* An eye for clean, testable, maintainable, and performant code
* Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor and a great attitude!
The following is considered a plus:
* Experience with Tensorflow or PyTorch
* Some knowledge in machine learning
* Comfortable with mathematics and statistics
* Some experience with NoSQL databases
Candidates must be within distance to commute to Edinburgh a number of times a month, UK citizens/ILR only, no sponsorship available.
If you are interested please apply below or reach out to Steven Mckay from Jefferson Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.