AWS Technical Engineer
Over the past two decades, my client has grown from a start up to a multi-million pound business. They are one of the UK's leading cloud and secure managed hosting providers - supplying dedicated servers, private and public cloud hosting solutions, and a full range of technical, cybersecurity, and DevOps consulting services.
Dedicated to innovation and providing world-class solutions, they help transform our customers' businesses. Bringing together cutting-edge technology with multi-award-winning customer service and support. They have the highest NPS in the industry and work hard every day to re-earn customers' loyalty. They support a full cross section of UK enterprise, from local businesses and charities to global manufacturers and retailers, local and central Government, the NHS, and the Ministry of Defence.
My clients' in-house training facility is widely accredited. For instance, are the only managed service provider in the UK to be an accredited AWS training centre.
My client's offerings in AWS have skyrocketed, so need Technical Engineers' who are mastering their craft to come in and contribute to large scale transformations/projects they offer their customers.
Role & Responsibilities
- Act as a point as escalation point for UKFast team members and UKFast clients
- Act as a communication bridge between our AWS and Linux support teams
- Respond to break and fix support requests, your role will involve providing resolutions to clients in as little hops as possible. Using evidence whenever possible to find the root cause of issues, avoiding repeat occurrences.
- Provide technical architecture reviews and recommendations through consultation with UKFast clients and internal AWS Solution Architect.
- To engage within the business (and third-party providers where appropriate) regarding escalations, reviews, updates, and strategy news. Ultimately creating and building good relationships.
- Provide seamless availability to internal teams and external clients, via all contact points (Phones, email, web portal) during core working hours.
- Ensure efficient and effective transitions between teams and shifts.
- Prepare the Linux support teams for new product, service releases, and the adoption of new technologies.
- Contribute to improved processes, procedures, and documentation
Skills & Qualifications
- Significant experience of Linux systems in complex multi-server solutions environment.
- Experience with core web technologies, such as, Apache/NGiNX, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Varnish, Pacemaker, CRM Clustering, Kubernetes, ELK, or Redis.
- Exposure to diagnosing various server issues using standard open-source tools.
- Motivation to provide impeccable customer service whilst working in a lean, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- Experience supporting public cloud-based solutions is desirable.
- A history with configuration management and / or infrastructure as code is desirable.
- A proven track record of supporting production systems within AWS
- Expertise in CI/CD automation - experience in AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, and Code Pipeline is desirable
- Excellent understanding of application, server, network security, and compliance requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work efficiently across internal and external organisations
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- Common DevOps tooling skills e.g. Ansible or Git
- Experience with a wide range of AWS Services such as RDS, EC2, Elasticache, CloudFront, Autoscaling or Lambda
- Experience with implementing and supporting containers
- Private Health Insurance
- Flexible work from home
- Award winning AWS training
If this sounds of interest please don't hesitate to get in touch with Steven at Jefferson Frank - 020 3808 7281 - firstname.lastname@example.org