Jefferson Frank is searching for an Deputy Head of Development to work with a public sector office. This is a FTC contract running for 2 years with extensions. The client would ideally like candidates to stay long term.
Any experience working within the health tech would be highly desirable.
The is FTC is fully remote for the duration of the contract, there is no expectation to work onsite.
As the Deputy Head of Development Operations, you will be leading a team responsible for DevOps and Testing across the client's suite of web and mobile apps. The organisation is looking to become more data driven organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Driving improvements across DevOps and QA practices.
* Managing the optimisation of development processes, identifying optimisation opportunities and driving the implementation of proposed solutions, across the estate of mobile and web apps.
* Leading the QA testing across the full portfolio of web & mobile apps.
* Ensuring that cloud platforms are highly available and improving all aspects of service availability in a cost-effective manner
* Line managing and ensuring the productivity across a team of DevOps Engineers and QA Engineers.
* Working with the Head of Development, Deputy's, Product Owners, Business users the client and 3rd Party suppliers (in public and private sector) to ensure delivery.
* Seeking to improve your knowledge in work areas and recommend new tools, platforms, ways of working.
* Enforcing and promote Agile and best practices.
* Making effective decisions with excellent communicating and influencing skills.
* Evidencing strong technical leadership qualities, with a passion for delivering leading edge designs and inspiring a culture of technical excellence and innovative solution design.
* Leading DevOps and testing across web and mobile apps.
* Managing highly available services on a cloud platform and implementing CI technologies.
* High level of organisational, time management and prioritisation skills to manage own workload and conflicting demands.
* Educated to degree level in relevant subject or significant working experience
* Experience with DevOps approaches to application testing and deployment.
* Experience of AWS or Azure.
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines and microservice architecture.
* Experience managing QA testing for websites and mobile apps.
* Experience with Infrastructure as code and enterprise level security
* Excellent customer and stakeholder management skills.
* Ability to translate high level requirements into clear individual objectives.
If this profile sounds like you, Jefferson Frank want to hear from you. Please go get in touch for a confidential conversation with one of our consultants.
Job Type: FTC 2 years