Senior Cloud Engineer (Java background benefical)
About the Opportunity
This client architects their systems to be highly available, fault tolerant and distributed from the ground up. They invest deeply in reliability improvements to support their scale and business criticality of their solutions and container applications. Operational automation, testing, and performance improvement is critical to the success of their solutions. They are looking to expand the team with software developers that can advance not only the functionality of the platform, but also keep a strong focus on the operational challenges around keeping their solutions reliable as they evolve.
About the Individual
We are seeking candidates with strong communication and problem-solving skills. Self-starters that can participate in an autonomous team environment with can-do approach required - automation orientated. We are looking for candidates who are proud of what they work on, obsess about the quality of the work they produce. As the ideal candidate, you've built exciting PaaS and/or SaaS products in your previous roles and loved the satisfaction that comes with knowing that people around the world are using something you've created.
* Experience to micro-services architecture and reactive architecture principles, with API first development practical experience an advantage
* Strong Java development experience in real time distributed computing environments
* Experience working on product that deploys to on-premise VMWare based environments through to exposure and experience of working on product deployed as a Service.
* Experience beyond usage of Docker and container management systems like Kubernetes in production. Specifically, we are looking for developers who have extended and improved these platforms
* Experience deploying applications to heterogeneous environments: cloud, on-prem (private cloud), and end-user (developer, car)
At Jefferson Frank
This client is one of the biggest companies in Telecoms which have made some very exciting changes over the last few months. You have probably seen them across the news or read articles on their new project work, so this is definitely one to keep an eye on.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity and growing within the team, then get in touch now so that we can discuss the role and responsibilities!