The Systems Engineer is responsible for implementing and maintaining the credit union system infrastructure, including managing patching, security, life cycle, and performance of physical servers, virtual machines, and the credit union's Microsoft Azure environment. Additionally, the Systems Engineer effectively and efficiently provides Tiers II and III support by assisting employees with hardware and software issues as they arise. This position is also responsible for installing/configuring/updating hardware and software, as well as monitoring server and workstation logs and reporting suspicious activity to IT and security leadership.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Integrates the credit union philosophy and operating principles and diligently promotes the credit union's mission statement into work habits, processes, and service delivery systems.
* Maintains workstation and server software including the Windows operating system, anti-virus and other essential software.
* Responsible for maintaining and securing VMWare and Azure virtual environments
* Responsible for software lifecycle management to ensure all critical software is on a supported version
* Responsible for performance and lifecycle management of server, virtual, and Microsoft Azure environments
* Responsible for insuring server and workstation patching is up to date
* Provides Tier II and Tier III support by assisting employees with hardware and software issues as they arise.
* Creates and maintains server and workstation documentation.
* Coordinates and communicates effectively with various hardware/software vendors for implementations and to resolve issues
* Monitors daily server events for unusual activity and reviews suspicious activity.
* Management of Genesys PureCloud environment including maintaining and creating IVR flows as well as evaluating new products and services
* Ensures the critical data is backed up and/or replicated to the Disaster Recovery site.
* Ensures databases and applications are replicated and/or backed up daily.
* Works on various IT related projects for internal/external customers.
* Participates in Agile and scrum activities
* Provides guidance to other IT Department staff, as needed.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
* Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
* Windows 10 and later
* Microsoft Office 2016 and later
* Windows Server 2012 and later
* Genesys PureCloud
* Microsoft Azure
* Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIS
* Microsoft SQL 2015 and later
* Microsoft Office 365
* Corporate wireless networks
* VMWare vCenter and ESXi
* Knowledge of Dell hardware
* Desktop and server class hardware
* Working technical knowledge of Firewalls, Intrusion Detection, Networking technologies ( LAN / WAN ), Data Leakage Prevention, Network Access Controls, Security Incident and Event Management, Email Security.
* Networking protocols such as: IPSEC, TCP/IP, UDP, etc.
* Networking fundamentals such as VLAN configuration and VLAN routing
* Network routing protocols, and network design principles.
* Cisco Experience is a plus