Jefferson Frank is searching for a SC eligible Java API Engineer to work for a leading consultancy for a long term project with a government organisation.
This will be a 6 month contract which is outside of IR35. The contract is temporarily remote but will require a 2-days travel to Leeds.
The ideal candidate will hold an active SC Clearance (SC Eligible is absolutely fine) and have a strong coding ability across multiple languages.
You will have demonstrable commercial experience designing, building, and implementing robust, platform-independent, API solutions that work seamlessly across both on-prem and cloud-based applications.
Any experience working with the public sector is highly desirable.
* Build and implement API functionality from the product backlog
* Work closely with other team members to ensure that features meet business requirements
Technical Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Degree in Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience
* Expert knowledge of REST APIs
* Commercial experience designing and developing consumer-driven APIs that follow API-first design principles
* Understanding of API based documentation standards such as Swagger or OpenAPI format
* Have a strong background in commercial software development with demonstrable in-depth Java programming knowledge
* Expert Cloud (AWS) computing knowledge, understanding and experience
* Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies and systems
* Strong customer service focus and sense of urgency
* Demonstrates the capability to resolve routine problems within a system or process
* Ability to thrive and produce results with little or no supervision in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
* Superior problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If this proflile sounds like you please get in touch for a confidential chat with one of our consultants.
Job Type: Full Time, Contract