Senior Data Scientist - UK
2 stage interview process
A technical specialist using Data Science to develop, test and implement predictive models that deliver benefit to the business and the customer. Working in a project based environment to drive forward research with tangible benefits.
* Working in Agile projects, involved in the build of predictive models, applying data science techniques to model customer behaviours which drive profit and loss signature to help inform business decisions.
* Engage with stakeholders to gather requirements of commercial problems and translate into analytical solutions which ensure wider goals are achieved.
* Translate the output of complex analytical solutions to stakeholders into transparent and actionable business insight to gain buy-in to implement.
* Aid junior Data Science colleagues and be an advocate for Data Science across the Customer Division.
* Keep abreast of Data Science innovation ensuring the techniques used are the most appropriate for the situation and the tools are best suited for the job. Be a knowledge point for queries regarding predictive analytics.
* Be innovative and think about solutions from a different perspective. Explore new sources of data, techniques and implementation routes.
* Feed into the Analytics Learning environment with continual development of new techniques
* Collaborate with other Data Scientists to deliver the best solutions to tackle Use Cases that will bring a step change to the business. Ensure that our models are built and used within a robust model governance framework.
* Provide support to the other areas of Analytics and the wider Customer division to enable them to meet objectives.
People, budgets and other resources
I am accountable for in my job:
* Support the Analytics Sandpit and the Learning environment with reference to technology.
* Coaching peers to enhance career development.
* Project management of analytical solutions from discovery to deployment.
Experience relevant for this job:
* Using data science and predictive modelling to tackle business problems, ideally in banking, commercial or credit risk.
* Background in maths/stats, computer science.
* Grasp of profit / loss drivers ideally but not essential*
* Working in a project environment with time bound deliverables