Platform Engineer, £65,000, Manchester
A global consultancy who have gone from strength to strength over the last decade are looking for a Platform/DevOps Engineer to join their highly motivated and talented technology team in their Manchester offices.
You can expect to be working on an AWS deployment, containerisation, Infrastructure and CI/CD Pipelines - and will work in a talented team to evolve and improve a framework for deploying applications and optimising automation.
What you'll do
* You'll undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
* My client has a team of great engineers who work together in a community and help each other to deliver and develop as professionals. They work on large scale, technically challenging projects
* You'll work with great technology - the UK Government has an IT strategy based on user centric design, modern open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as microservices and cloud technology to name but a few
* You'll get opportunities to develop and progress - You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments such as Linux Academy, A Cloud Guru and my Client's University. You will have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certification and much, much more..
My client is a client-led organisation, but we offer a remote-first working policy to our clients. Our expectation is that our employees can work for up to 70% of their time remotely in any given month. As our ethos is to provide excellent service to our clients, we will balance client needs with employee preferences where possible. If you'd prefer to work in an office with your client or colleagues more frequently than this, we can arrange this too.
Things we like;
* Linux (RHEL/CentOS)
* Core Networking & Loadbalancing
* Python / Ruby / Go
* Jenkins / Bamboo
* Git / GitHub / GitLab
* Graphite / Grafana / ELK / Prometheus
* SQL / NO-SQL DB's
* Docker (Swarm / Kubernetes)
* HashiCorp (Packer / Terraform / Vault / Consul)
Please note: Candidates must hold British Citizenship, ILR or Settled status and must hold or be eligible for SC Clearance.