Multi Cloud Platform/HPC (High Performance Compute) Engineer
London (2-3 days in office per week)
Overall Packages between £160,000 - £220,000+ dependent on experience.
Jefferson Frank have been enlisted to support a well esteemed hedge fund who building a state of the art high performance compute (HPC) capability to support their internal teams. This in turn will enable their teams including Portfolio Management, Data Scientists and Developers scale their computing capabilities on premise and in the cloud platforms.
* You will be operating in a customer focused HPC team working with the business and aligned to teams to design, develop, test and deploy High Performance Compute Infrastructure.
* You will be comfortable building relationships with multiple internal stakeholders and delivering platform solutions to their needs (Including Quantitative, Engineers, Data Science etc)
* Help the business drive adoption and subsequent HPC platform offering
* Experience working on multi tenant compute environments/grid systems (consulting with business units to develop HPC Solutions etc)
* Strong Python (or more) programming experience
* Strong Systems experience (Linux)
* Configuration Management and CI/CD
* Strong knowledge of Public Cloud Platforms, deep expertise in either AWS or GCP (ideally both)
* Expertise in building multi tenant HPC environments and familiarity leveraging relevant frameworks like SLURM
* Strong understanding of network and security
* Base Salary between £120000 to £170000 dependent on your level of experience.
* Annual Cash Bonus on top of above base.
* Investment Portfolio managed free of charge by the firm.
* Health Insurance.