(Data Engineer - £60,000 - London)
Do you enjoy being at the forefront of technological innovation? Are you excited to see
what new developments in AI, machine learning and predictive analytics will bring?
My client helps leaders in business make improved decisions. Trusted by some of the
world's biggest brands, their advanced software solution uses AI and machine learning
technology to automate tactical tasks and enhance strategic decisions. They are
headquartered in London with offices in Spain, Poland and the USA.
They are looking for a forward thinking and highly competent Data Engineer to join
the London team. As a Data Engineer you will be working on data pipeline
architecture, with the aim of providing clean, usable data to Business Analysts
and Data Scientists. You will be responsible for helping to build modular pipeline
components and ensure technical documentation is created and maintained.
● Helping design, build, maintain and operate the data pipeline.
● Defining and building modular data pipeline components.
● Ensuring that solid development practices, such as proper use of source
control, full testing processes and automated deployment mechanisms, are
● Collaborate with data scientists and business analysts to discover
where business value can be found within the data we have available.
● Maintaining existing systems and supporting migration to our new data
pipeline architecture.Training Client Analytics and Implementation
teams in how to implement and support the clients.
● Acting as a subject matter expert on all aspects of the data
pipeline.Identifying potential performance issues, bottlenecks and pain
points and recommend new and creative ways of resolving them.
Who you are
● We want you to come with creativity, expertise, flexibility and drive, but above
all a desire to learn and keep learning
● We want you to want to understand the big picture and how your work makes a
● 3+ years of proven experience using Python to build data pipelines, including
familiarity with python's core big data / data science libraries: e.g. pandas,
pyspark, scikit-learn etc Solid understanding of database design and SQL
● Experience working in cross functional agile teams, particularly teams including
Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Business Analysts
● The ability to communicate complicated technical solutions to non technical
● Take ownership of feature development and ongoing maintenance
● Technical understanding of infrastructure components, their dependencies, and
interactions between servers, virtual systems, networks, databases, web
● Distributed data processing, for example Spark
● NoSQL Databases, such as MongoDB or Couchbase
● Cloud computing platforms, such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
● Pipeline orchestration, for example Airflow
● Technical understanding of infrastructure components, their dependencies,
and interactions between servers, virtual systems, networks, databases,
web applications, etc
Salary - £50,000 - £60,000 DOE
Hybrid WFH culture
If this sounds of interest to you or anyone you can recommend, get in touch with STEVEN from Jefferson Frank, see email below: