Good Morning, I am currently recruiting for an AWS Data Engineer, please see below Job Description.
This role arises from my clients rapid business growth. This role enables data to be assembled in a Data Lake in AWS so that business insights are available for customers and my client from exploring this data.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Design, build, maintain, test and deploy data pipelines and architectures in AWS and potentially Azure;
* Ensure the scalability of the data engineering architecture to meet future business demand;
* Extract, transform and load data from multiple source systems such as SQL Server, MongoDB, Flat Files etc;
* Performance tuning of data pipelines;
* Ensures my clients customers and any other sensitive data is secured within the Data Lake and Data Warehouse systems;
* Provide advice and support to other colleagues on system functionality;
* Be aware of the latest releases of relevant technologies;
* Manages, documents and improves data engineering processes and system records;
* Actively attends and contributes in Agile sprint ceremonies/meetings.
* Manage the clients personal data and confidential information responsibly, and maintain its quality, confidentiality, integrity and availability at all times
* Report personal data and security near-misses and incidents promptly, and cooperate in their resolution.
* Be aware of and comply with the the companies Health and Safety Policy and related legislation; report Health and Safety near-misses and accidents promptly and collaborate to document and resolve.
* Ensure data processing equipment assigned to you, and any personal equipment used to process clients data or access systems, is kept secure and used in accordance with the Acceptable Usage Policy.
* Administer system access rights on assigned systems only and according to approved procedures only, maintaining accurate records and using multi-factor authentication and due safeguards of credentials.
* 3+ years' experience in a similar data engineering role i.e. building data pipelines for either a Data Warehouse and/or a Data Lake
* 2+ years' experience using Python
* 2+ years' experience of using AWS cloud computing services