Senior Software Engineer, Backend - AWS- Remote
Senior Software Engineer, Backend - AWS - Remote
ABOUT THE ROLE
Seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to design, build, deploy, and own microservice applications, infrastructure, and data delivering products and services. You will work with little or no supervision, and be able to take general direction and formulate specific tasks to accomplish the desired results for Customers. You will work to contribute to complex functional specs and design docs when necessary.
* Develop and build products that provide an exceptional customer experience for our members.
* Own design, test, development and delivery of new and existing features.
* Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
* Collaborate cross functionally to identify the best solutions.
* Demonstrates understanding of tradeoffs inherent in software design.
* Capable of working in isolation to design solutions to complex problems.
* Design and develop maintainable, scalable, fault tolerant, and efficient systems.
* Upholding code quality to ensure features are upto standards to deliver a quality product.
* Prioritize team needs in technical debt and tooling to relieve operational load and evolve the system to meet the changing needs of the environment.
100% remote position based in the US.
* 10+ years experience as a software engineer developing solutions for systems at scale.
* 5+ years microservice development experience
* Backend engineer with a breadth of experience in a microservice architecture, and test-driven development.
* Comfortable with ambiguity, you are curious, and a motivated self learner.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Thrive in an environment fostering freedom and responsibility.
* Result oriented, knows how to unblock yourself and others to achieve goals and objectives.
* You are a polyglot capable of learning new languages and technologies quickly.
* Experience designing scalable and reliable applications.
* Experience designing and developing cloud based solutions.
* Understanding of containerization technologies.
* Production experience developing scalable/highly available consumer applications.
* BA/Master degree in Computer Science or a related field of study OR relevant years of work experience
BONUS POINTS FOR:
* Experience with financial services systems
* Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis.
* Experience in designing and deploying systems to AWS.