I am seeking an experienced Lead Data Engineer to join a leading Digital Transformation consultancy based in Manchester or Leeds.
You will be joining a wider team of Engineers, working heavily across industries such as: Financial Services & Insurance, Energy & Commercial and Public Sector.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior/Lead Engineer to join an exciting team known and recognised for being pioneers in their field.
You will be expected to lead a team of engineers and delivery on multiple projects.
To be considered, you must have the following:
Role & Responsibilities
* Lead the team to create data platforms based around modern open source products and cloud-native technologies (AWS)
* Lead Engineering teams and work with both internal stakeholders and end customers
* Both lead and work on machine learning algorithms and oversee delivery/deployment
* Help support and operating production systems
* Work on open-source stream-processing software platform (Kafka)
* Build and maintain databases: SQL Server / PosteSQL / MySQL
Skills & Qualifications
* Experience working with AWS cloud providers
* Experience with data reporting and visualisation tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik)
* Experience of Hadoop big data platforms (either Cloudera / Hortonworks or cloud native equivalents)
* Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
* Demonstrable experience in automating operations tasks with one or more scripting languages