Senior Software Engineer - Ruby/Java + 100% remote + 6 months contract to hire + $60 - $80 W2/C2C
The client is a leader in the financial industry, creating an ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers. The client was founded in 2009, and has over 300 employees across the U.S. and is headquartered in California.
About the role:
You will develop and build products that provide an exceptional customer experience for our members and add new functionality and iterate on existing products. You will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, TDD, QA, deployment and bug-fixing and collaborate with team to architect, build, and document products that improve our members' lives. You will be able to understand the tradeoffs inherent in software development. You will also help develop and mentor junior developers on the team.
Technologies used in our tech stack:
* 7+ years experience with full-lifecycle software development on multiple platforms at scale
* Strong hands-on experience with at least one backend framework such as Spring, Rails, etc.
* Experience developing and integrating with APIs
* Familiarity with AWS technologies - EC2, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
* Professional experience with Object Oriented or Functional Programming
* Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra
* Strong experience with Agile and Lean software engineering methodologies and practices
* Experience with modern tooling and best practices, especially in the areas of testing, CI/CD, and instrumentation
* Excellent verbal and written communication
Preferred but not required:
* Experience with financial services systems
* Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka, Spark and/or Hadoop Stack
* Clojure programming (hobby or work)
* Experience programming in a polyglot environment