Senior Software Engineer + Developer background + 100% remote
My client is in the banking and finanical industry and is looking for an experienced software engineer to join the team. You will succeed in this position by being able to demonstrate advanced technical skills and the ability to apply those skills independently as well as having a development background.
The company is a certified partner of AWS and is committed to changing the way people think about money and debt. They are completely remote but still inspiring each other across the country.
About the position (environment):
* You will develop and build products that provide an exceptional customer experience for our members
* Adding new functionality and iterate on existing products
* Participating in all phases of the software development life cycle, including QA, deployment and bug-fixing
* Collaborating with the team to architect, build, and document products that improve our members' lives
* Understanding the tradeoffs inherent in software development
* Help develop and evaluate younger developers (mentoring)
* 6+ years experience with full-lifecycle software development on multiple platforms at scale
* React, React Native, Node, Java, Springboot, Python
* Strong hands-on experience with at least one backend framework such as Java, Python, Golang, Ruby on Rails, etc.
* Experience developing and integrating with APIs
* Professional experience with Functional Programming and a strong understanding of Functional Programming Concepts
* Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra
* Strong experience with Agile and Lean software engineering methodologies and practices
* Experience with modern tooling and best practices, especially in the areas of testing, CI/CD, and instrumentation
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Experience with financial services systems
* Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka, Spark and/or Hadoop Stack