Data Engineer - (Java+Python) + 100% Remote + 6-month contract
The client is looking for new Data engineer to join the team. The company is committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive environment. The client is a technology solution provider who solves complex business problems. They are wanting someone who can think of out-of-the-box solutions to help continue to bridge the gap between ideas and reality.
As a Data Engineer on the Data & Analytics team, you will be part of a fast-paced team designing, developing, testing, integrating, and supporting technically innovative solutions. You will be able to leverage a wide range of experiences, developed professional concepts as well as understanding of the industry, customer, and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative ways. A willingness to accept failure, learn and try again is needed on the team.
* 2 years professional experience as a software engineer or data engineer
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Proficiency in any modern object-oriented programming language (some combination of Python, Java, and Node.js preferred)
* Experience with building platforms and micro services
* Fluency in any one data technology (e.g., ElasticSearch and/or NoSQL like DynamoDB or Cassandra)
* Experience writing GraphQL, structuring data, and data storage practices
* Familiarity with cloud architecture patterns and an engineering discipline to produce software with quality
* Amazon Web Services (using S3, SQS and the like)