Senior Software Engineer (Python)
Salary: Up to 105K (based on experience)
Location: Shoreditch, London - once a fortnight in office
WHY WORK FOR US?
We are a diverse group of hard-working and entrepreneurial people dedicated to solving complex challenges, working hard on meaningful projects, and celebrating our successes. We are looking for extraordinary people to join our industry-leading and incredibly talented team! Our inspirational and fun working environment, innovation-driven, fast-growing company, and ambitious projects are just a few reasons why you will love working here.
As a company we are passionate about ensuring that diversity and inclusion are championed, and that everybody has a seat at the table. We promote a culture where everyone feels valued, and we have adopted policies to ensure we hire from a diverse pool of candidates.
OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES?
As Senior Backend Engineer, you will join our growing and talented engineering team that is split across our London and New York offices. Our team is fun, friendly, progressive and diligent, and candidates should fit right in! We have a very welcoming and supportive culture.
* Design and develop services that will support and add new functionality to our core product, OpenAsset.
* Integration of partner services, solving interesting problems of data processing and asynchronous systems.
* Take a central role in the creation of software services from the design phase through to production.
* Take ownership of deployment, testing and integration pipelines.
* Maintain and build upon existing infrastructure.
* Adopt and ensure industry best practices are followed.
* Have a good awareness and understanding of new technologies and how they may be applied.
* Share knowledge and mentor junior members of the team.
* Cloud infrastructure platforms (we use AWS).
* Linux development environment.
* Infrastructure-as-code tooling (Terraform preferred).
* Microservices architecture, and its containerisation in development.
* Design, implementation and maintenance of APIs (REST and GraphQL).
* Test driven development, and how to use the theory appropriately in practice.
* Continuous Integration and Deployment (GitHub actions, CircleCi).
* Databases; relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and non-relational (DynamoDB)
* Confident with Git version control and code reviews.
* Are receptive to feedback and are always looking to learn and improve.
* Excellent communication skills and comfortable in collaborative environments.
* Curiosity and confidence to debate customer value and impact.
You'll also get a discretionary annual bonus amongst other money savings benefits..
Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can book in a first stage call to talk it through!
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com.