Working with joint venture aimed at accelerating the discovery of new medicines in the pharmaceutical sector. The computing infrastructure is hosted in AWS, and uses a wide range of services including CloudFormation, S3, ECS/ECR, Batch, CloudWatch, SQS, and Lambdas. Python for deployments, data wrangling etc, and Docker with ECR/ECS for pipeline execution. Looking for a DevOps/ Software/ Infrastructure/ Cloud engineer with solid AWS experience to help maintain, operate, and develop the data analytics infrastructure.
You will be part of the technical and operations team for the pipeline infrastructure. Responsible for both the day-to-day reliability of the system, and for making changes in a sustainable way. You will propose, plan and help to deliver strategic improvements, including changes to infrastructure, development tooling, shared environments and data sharing, and electronic lab notebook integration.
* Act as technical lead for the analytics pipeline infrastructure.
* Contribute to strategic improvements,
* Make iterative improvements, focusing on automation and low-maintenance modular design.
* Build and share expertise, particularly in infrastructure and AWS cloud services.
Key Experience and Competencies:
* Commitment to high quality.
* Experience of successful co-operation with software development teams.
* Responsibility for production systems.
Key Technical Skills:
* AWS services
* IaC-CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible,
* Containers - Docker/ Kubernetes
* CI/CD, testing
* Git, GitHub, Docker and JIRA or similar
* Experience of an agile software development environment
* Flexible working
* Work life balance
* 25 days annual leave
* Pension scheme
* Learning and Development
* Employee Benefits
Remote with the option to go to HQ (Cambridge & Stratford)