AWS / Azure - CIS Platform Engineer - £40,000 - £90,000 pa
My client a global consultancy firm are looking for a number of Platform Engineers who will work with a range of high-profile clients, supporting them in transforming their use of public cloud services. They are looking for Cloud Architects, to join our Cloud Infrastructure Services Business unit, who have real-world experience that goes beyond IaaS (PaaS, SaaS, Microservices, Containers, Serverless) and demonstrable Cloud Engineering knowledge.
* Salary paying £40,000 up to £90,000 pa
* Excellent benefit package available
* 100% remote working with hybrid travel post covid
* Appetite for learning new technologies
* Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
* Extremely sound knowledge of Linux/ Windows.
* Deep knowledge, and preferably certification, for designing & implementing either AWS, Azure or Google Compute services, leveraging infrastructure as code;
* Experience, and ideally certification, in either Red Hat Ansible or Hashicorp Terraform;
* Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Ruby, Go, Python
* Strong understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools.
* Ability to build and maintain CI\CD pipelines and underlying infrastructure;
* Strong understanding of the cost drivers of cloud services.
* Strong and demonstrable experience of migrating workloads to cloud platforms and integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery environments;
* Experience of using container and orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes;
* Experience with application and infrastructure management, monitoring and logging systems particularly Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk and integrations with Slack and Teams;
Must have :
* Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
* Strong experience with infrastructure as code (IAC) using tools like terraform and Ansible
* CICD Build Tools- Experience building this from scratch using tools such as Jenkins
* Elastic Container Service (ECS )
* Kubernetes experience
* Deploying lambdas
* Python or Java Coding Language
* Good communication skills
If this opportunity excites you or you want to find out more information about other roles then please do not hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com