Lead Software Engineer - React
Salary: Up to 100K (based on experience)
Location: Brighton - twice a quarter in office
WHY WORK FOR US?
We're looking for an experienced frontend architect to join our team to help build the future of
work. Successful candidates will be working closely with cross-functional engineering teams
across multiple divisions to help them to deliver awesome software that our customers love. You'll
also be helping us plan out how we decompose out existing monolithic codebase into microfrontends
whilst also re-platforming our product onto AWS.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING?
* Working closely with other leads and architects to plan out technical execution of new
products and major features.
* Helping decompose our monolithic React SPA into multiple micro-frontends.
* Oversee the frontend aspects of re-platforming our product on to AWS.
* Collaborate with the design team and other frontend leads to roll out our in-house
component library across all of our products.
YOUR SKILL SET?
* You are user focused - we solve our customer's problems together; everybody has a say in
planning, design & execution.
* You're a great communicator. This role will require leading discussions with multiple teams
from different functions of the business. Presenting ideas and answering questions in open
discussion is no problem for you.
* 5+ years of React experience with a strong understanding of it's internals as well as a
* 10+ years of overall experience with at least 5+ years of experience deploying and
maintaining applications on AWS. Although this role is mostly frontend, a good
understanding of the entire stack is a must.
* You love identifying new technologies, patterns, and techniques and planning out how we
can roll them out across teams to improve productivity, code quality and user experience
across every division.
* An affinity for profiling and analysing code to identify areas for improvement as well as a
solid understanding of browser internals.
* Experience building an in-house component library with good understanding of modular
CSS and bundlers.
* Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of automated testing and CI/CD including
challenges specific to the frontend domain.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of functional programming patterns.
Does it excite you working in a start-up environment with opportunity to expand the team?..
This is the role for you!
Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can book in a first stage call to talk it through!
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com.