AWS Senior Cloud Engineer In Rochdale / Leeds.
As AWS Senior Cloud Engineer, you will act as the lead project engineer for AWS solutions deployed to customers in the Business Division.
You will work closely with customers, ensuring that their solutions are built to best practices across each of the 5 key design pillars - Security, Cost Optimisation, Operational Excellence, Reliability and Performance efficiency.
As well as the delivery of AWS only solutions, you will also provide key technical input to multi-service opportunities. You will also work alongside our Cloud Architects and Engineers to ensure that customer solutions evolve in-life, taking advantage of new technologies and services on the AWS platform and wider Cloud ecosystem.
You will provide a point of escalation to colleagues resolving customer service incidents and will actively coach and develop our engineers.
* Work with Solutions Architects, Cloud architects and Engineers to lead the build of on-time, high quality customer solutions
* Take the lead in client project meetings and workshops
* Produce structured, clear and accurate technical documentation
* Provide assistance to our engineers in resolving customer issues
* Work closely with the support and engineering teams to ensure that solutions can be managed in a scalable, automated way
* Build relationships with key clients and partners, becoming a trusted technology advisor
Skills & Experience
* Expert knowledge in AWS technologies and services
* knowledge in Microsoft applications and services (Windows Server, SQL, IIS, AD, .NET, Powershell)
* Knowledge of open-source technologies and services (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Bash)
* Knowledge of DevOps tools and frameworks (e.g. Code repositories, Automation [Infrastructure as code / scripting languages] CI/CD tools etc.)
* Orchestration and automation of maintenance and support operations to reduce manual processes wherever feasible
* Write and approve technical implementation documentation
* Diagnose complex support issues and work under pressure to resolve issues in the quickest possible time to minimize any impact to customers
* Maintain and develop knowledge and skills in AWS and Microsoft services
* Lead the delivery of Professional Services to mid-market businesses
* React in a calm and professional manner when faced with unexpected challenges
* Provide ownership and accountability for delivery and deployment of designated new and changed customer solutions
* Mentor and share knowledge with colleagues to raise the general skill level within the team and wider business
* Good working knowledge of security within a hosting environment including hardening of customer solutions in order to minimise risks to the customer and the company.
If this role is of an interest to you please reply with your up to date CV to this email email@example.com