Lead Data Science Engineer
Edinburgh/Newcastle - Hybrid remote
Jefferson Frank are working with a household name retail bank who are looking to bring in a Lead Data Scientist to join their Personal Finance Analytics team, a talented unit of Data Scientists, Engineers and Analysts supporting the banks core pricing decisioning for products spanning loans, credit cards and insurance.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist or Engineer with experience within Banking and Data Science/Machine Learning to lead a team generating bank critical insights.
Role & Responsibilities
* Technical requirement gathering, AGILE
* Design, develop and implement data solutions to improve customer experience.
* Deploy, Govern, and monitor the health of the solution in a controlled and structured manner.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement solutions.
* Maintain and update knowledge of the latest data science techniques.
Skills & Qualifications
* Expert background in data science and machine learning production states.
* Experience working in a retail banking environment beneficial.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills combined with great judgement, drive and influencing capabilities.
* Strong problem-solving abilities, with experience of optimisation techniques being advantageous.
* Proficient in programming languages such as Python, R, SQL and Shiny.
* Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop or Spark.
* Exposure to AWS and Azure cloud environments.
For more information please reach out to Steven from Jefferson Frank for more information (email@example.com /020 3808 7281) or apply with your CV.