What You Bring to the Table:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. A combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
* Advanced proficiency with a combination of the following (typically acquired by 8-10 years of experience):
* Excellent AWS serverless programming skills hands-on professional software development, and experience with building end-to-end solutions with front-end frameworks using Angular and integration with backend data services using API Services. Specifically:
* API Gateway
* Node JS
* Redshift - Experience using data APIs
* S3 Services
* CI/CD tools (such as Jenkins and Code Commit)
* Maintaining code quality and security standards using tools such as SonarQube, Fortify, and/or Crucible.
* Agile/Scrum procedures and processes.
* Analyzing, troubleshooting, and debugging issues in a Production environment.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent written, verbal, and Interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical and nontechnical messages to all levels of staff.
* Demonstrated ability to:
* Perform in a leadership and mentorship role.
* Work in a fast-paced environment and successfully deliver projects on time.
* Work independently with little supervision and be a team player.
* Lead, teach and persuade colleagues on design decisions.
* Demonstrates the our core competencies: customer focus, optimizes work processes, communicates effectively, collaborates, and is open and authentic.
* Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA or Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional Desired Requirements:
* Demonstrated experience:
* Spring Batch
* Dynamo DB
* Oracle or Postgres
Certification as an AWS Developer/AWS Solutions Architect