Position: Senior Data Consultant/Engineer
Salary: £65,000 - £85,000 DOE
One of the leading players in digital solutions for project planning for major constructions/engineering across europe have enlisted us to find a new senior member of their Big Data team, where you will be expected to have extensive knowledge of the below and ability to liase and consult with clients within the industry to solutionise the best approaches with them and build internally.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company at the heart of extremely high value projects for the construction/planning industry including hyperscale data centres through to digital migration projects for companies with £1bn+ turnover.
Day to Day:
* Work with clients, understand needs, build analytics solutions that will be suited for these needs
* Data pipelines design and building to support data analytics projects, implement ETL processes.
* Presentations are important with stakeholders, deliver them, gather information, share knowledge with teams and clients
* Work closely with product team
* Monitor performance, advise on any infrastructure changes
For this role, an ideal candidate would have:
* Degree in Computer/Data Science, Engineering, Maths or Physics ideal
* Demonstrable experience setting up ETL processes and designing/building data pipelines, while producing clean and robust code in OO languages.
* Proficient with SQL.
* Excellent understanding of data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure and modern Operating Systems (OSS).
* Familiarity with REST APIs and container technologies (C# and .NET Core development is a plus).
* Good communication and presentation skills to illustrate decision making and solutions you have built to stakeholders
* PostgreSQL and/or T-SQL, knowledge of UML diagrams and setting up/developing on Azure (or other cloud services) (ideal)
If this is of interest please apply with your CV below or reach out to Steven Mckay at Jefferson Frank directly at email@example.com quoting the job reference.
Please note sponsorship is not available for this role, please do not apply if you do not have the rights to work in the UK without means of sponsorship. Remote working is for UK based candidates only.