Senior Application Engineer- New Jersey- Remote Flexibility
The Application Engineer is involved in most technical facets of the project lifecycle. He is the primary on understanding the technical specifications and working within the various globally dispersed teams to build and configure environments according to the designed specifications. The Application Engineer works closely with all the stakeholders to configure and deploy custom business applications from POC and inception through to Production. He is assigned to one or more active project teams.
* Prior experience with application engineering required
* Ability to own multiple application engineering duties and provide post-implementation server and client support
* Attend and/or lead application team meetings representing Engineering with technical and non-technical staff and document deployment requirements
* Liaison to Senior Management, good presentation skills
* Deployment of CLIENT applications, documenting deployment steps, validating and transitioning documentation
* Administrative experience with Windows Server OS 2008/2012 required, 2016
* Intermediate knowledge of MS IIS web platform. Understanding of http/s, SSL, Microsoft IIS 6.0/7.x/8.5 administration and configuration, networking protocols, Azure load balancing and storage.
* Significant experience as lead Engineer with Microsoft Azure IaaS (ARM Templates) & PaaS Services
* Proficiency in PowerShell scripting
* Functional understanding of Windows/System Patch Deployment, WSUS/SCCM and Microsoft System Center components: SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM
* Microsoft Hyper-V, Failover Clustering, CSV - Build, Administration, Best Practices, Maintenance
* General understanding of networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ concepts, firewall knowledge
* MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016 administrative experience and relational database concepts
* Creation of simple SQL queries, running pre‐defined scripts, configuration, security, and interpreting logs and traces.
* Working knowledge of LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory Administration and Maintenance, Group Policy Design and implementation
* VDS (virtual directory service)
* TLS 2.0+
* Server certificates, public and private keys
* Encryption technologies, Bit locker/SSH, etc.
* Focus on system security/hardening
* Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
* Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
* Understanding of performance monitoring and capacity analysis
* Proficient written and verbal English skills
* General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to an enterprise environment.
* *Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra or non‐standard hours as needed
* Ability to work well within a multi‐disciplinary team structure, but also independently
* MCP/MCSE certification (optional, but preferred)
* Knowledge of DevOps, its lifecycle tools and how they integrate into the DevOps process
* VSTS CI/CD
* Windows Containers
* System auditing tools
1 If interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your CV/Resume directly to email@example.com
Subject: "Candidate Submission: Application Engineer"
2 No 3rd party recruiters or agency submissions are accepted.
Jefferson Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on AWS cloud technologies. We deal with AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the AWS space.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any AWS candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.