DevOps Engineer -55-75k Depending on Experience
This is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, their financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury.
Their three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses - are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
There are a strategic software development and services centre, specialising in the creation of innovative and customer centric software solutions.
Their culture embraces a continuous improvement philosophy that permeates everything we do, from meeting the needs of our customers quickly and efficiently to developing the skills and expertise of our employees. Using leading-edge technology and information systems
The DevOps engineer is a key member of the Engineering Excellence team. They work with delivery teams and their respective leaders to ensure DevOps practices are understood and adhered to, and DevOps tools are being used optimally.
They participate in the design, development and delivery of DevOps solutions within their business portfolio in conjunction with the Engineering Excellence team. May bring forward new processes and tooling solutions, enabling delivery teams to further improve on speed and quality of delivery. They will have some prior experience in DevOps process and technology skillsets.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Involved in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of Engineering Excellence solutions
* Responsible for configurations, upgrades, installations, troubleshooting, license management and support of our suite of SDLC tools used by our delivery teams
* Responsible for integrating SDLC tools as required and defined
* Supports delivery teams in identifying and improving their SDLC practices and mastering their use of our suite of SDLC tools
* Ensures that solutions delivered are secure and scalable, comply with defined standards and best practices.
* Maintains depth of technical understanding of third party/cloud solutions and Unum's implementation of solutions.
* Some exposure preferred with helping delivery teams to adopt DevOps practices and tools to bring measured improvement in software engineering
* Has well rounded experience in software development, testing and/or infrastructure and operations
* Familiarity with software configuration management systems and source code version control systems; TFS (or Azure / AWS DevOps), Git and SCLM experience highly desired
* Programming knowledge with exposure to Visual Studio IDEs and .NET environments, Java and Websphere
* Some experience of continuous integration systems including Jenkins, Maven, Ant+Ivy, etc
* Exposure to one or more scripting languages such as Powershell and Python
* Exposure to automating release and build processes
* Skilled in Agile development/methodologies
This client and its family of businesses offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package, world-class training and development, and a culture built on employee ideas.
If this role isn't for you but you know somebody that may be interested pass on their details as we offer £250 in Amazon Vouchers.
Our client is looking to fill this position ASAP, so if your ambitious and feel you have the relevant skills for this role, get fast-tracked by us NOW, send your CV to email@example.com, or call 01913006940.
#DevOps #Cloud #NewOpportunity #Development #PaaS #Development #Operations #AWS #Cloud #Carlow