The Sr. DevOps Engineer is responsible for developing the deployment framework for all of our applications and systems, managing the build and deployment pipelines and releasing successful code and applications to production that deliver business solutions to our internal teams, as well as external customers. This position has technical, process, and quality responsibility for all aspects of engineering: release management for application, API, and databases,
* Automate provisioning servers, environments (test & production), deployment of code, and perform configuration management
* Manage source code repositories along with branching / merging strategy
* Responsible for all aspects of release plan and production readiness checklist
* Development of technical design documentation based on functional and stakeholders' requirements
* Collaboration with project management team to ensure alignment and communication of project status or issues
* Design, develop and deploy CI/CD and DevOps pipelines
* Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile (SCRUM/Kanban) project teams ensuring high quality delivery is at the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
* Ensure predictable delivery of quality releases
* Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of continually increasing our development productivity
* Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
* Evangelize automation, Test Driven Development practices, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery mindset and use experiences to support the teams in these areas.
* Maintain exceptionally high standards of design and code quality at all times, including but not limited to adherence to architectural, security and scalability standards and principles applied at WASH
* Implement Code Quality and Security compliance tools for adherence with WASH standards.
* Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
* Manage and maintain tools to automate engineering operations * Assess, analyze and strengthen the security of systems, data and access points
* Assist in diagnosing and debugging issues within production systems
* Integrate monitoring, logging and metrics frameworks
* BS / MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject - or equivalent work experience 7+ years of recent experience of developing DevOps pipelines using container and other types of frameworks within an Agile environment
* Working within UNIX/Linux, Windows, Docker, Virtualization and Node server environments.
* Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methods and toolsets
* Expert experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, TerraFarm, AWS CodePipeline / CodeDeploy or similar.
* Expert experience with automation/configuration management - Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS CLI, PowerShell or similar
* Strong Experience using library management tools like Maven, NuGet, JFrog, Nexus, SonaType, Artifactory or similar.
* Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB/2, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
* Ability to work with Distributed Version Control Systems such as GIT (preferable) / Git Lab, Git Hub, or similar.
* Working knowledge AWS API Gateway, Lambda, Elastic Container Services, Elastic Bean Stalk, SNS, SQA, and server less computing.
* Working knowledge of Cloud Databases such as AWS DynamoDB, AWS Aurora, AWS Redshift, Azure SQL, COSMOS is a plus
* Willing to experiment with many ideas and showcase the output with peers and the wider teams Lifelong learner - thrives from developing and sharing knowledge
* Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal)
* Adapts communication style for junior engineers, senior engineers and senior management alike
* Proactive 'self-starter' attitude
* A creative, innovative and inquisitive character.
* Uncomfortable with repetition seeking automation in preference
* Ability to thrive in an environment of continuous change.
* PLUS: Experience with SecOps
* PLUS: AWS Certifications