AWS DevOps Engineer
Onsite 3 days/week in Houston, TX
My customer is a top AWS Consulting Partner who is expanding their US presence. You will work alongside some Senior Engineers and be involved with AWS infrastructure and supporting the clients applications that reside on AWS Infrastructure.
You will get the opportunity to work with some key enterprise clients in a customer facing role. Preferably, you will have a background in Development and System Administration.
The role focuses on Continuous Improvement with a DevOps approach and all clients sitting on AWS. The focus is ongoing enhancement once the solution has passed over from the project team.
You will be proactive and confident in advising and consulting with our clients.
Skills and capabilities:
* Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* The ability to work collaboratively with development teams and other stakeholders
* Experience with AWS public cloud infrastructure and services
* Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and automation tools, such as Ansible, CloudFormation or CDK
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automated testing
* Understanding of cloud networking and security principles
* Knowledge of monitoring and logging tools, such as CloudWatch
* Familiarity with source control tools such as Git, and development lifecycle management
* Experience with Agile development methodologies
* Excellent communicator and a team player
Role and Responsibilities
* Enhance availability, performance and stability of services as well as automating away repetitive work.
* Respond to alerts to investigate issues in our services that you can really sink your teeth into.
* You will be working on production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation.
* Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in a live production environment
* Provide performance tuning/recommendations for components and services
* Scripting and software development across one or more programming languages - automate away the repetitive tasks.
* Monitoring distributed systems application architectures
* Management of code in GitHub
* Discipline in ticketing, reporting and relevant paper work including Create Root Cause Analysis reports for internal/external use