Senior Cloud Architect - London - £115,000
As a Senior Cloud Architect, you will join a substantial global engineering organization and provide strategic architectural leadership. This is a position designed to facilitate the organization's continued growth in order to accelerate the delivery of new capabilities within existing products and to create further innovative solutions using the latest advances in technology.
* Drive technical direction for convergent SaaS platform enabling AI/ML InsureTech Products.
* Design and develop platform infrastructure in line with the cloud governance and security guidelines and actively contribute to these guidelines.
* Develop the overall technical end-to-end design of the allocated components, products, solutions and services for a group of products. You will be responsible for ensuring the deliverables work according to the requirements and business need.
* Work with Engineering teams to assess existing architectures and define short and long-term strategy that converge both Product and Engineering needs into a coherent cloud-based/SaaS solution across multiple applications
* Produce and maintain an architecture overview indicating system boundary, key interfaces, key components, and technology choices in line with corporate and Insurance Consulting and Technology Architecture standards.
* Ensure the creation and maintenance of architectures which can support easy revision, evolution and extension. Compatibility with Common Components, Cloud and Unify strategies as applied to the allocated deliverables.
* Work with various Technology Architects to ensure services aspects of the above are adequately covered, and ensures design for easy deployment, operation and supportability.
* Assess technology options against technical and non-technical criteria, and to define robust and scalable architectures supporting the evolution of existing products and the creation of new innovative solutions.
* Facilitate a culture of cost-effective continuous improvement and lead initiatives to optimise efficiency and accelerate project execution.
* Good understanding of agile or lean development practices.
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming and scripting languages including but not limited to: Java, C#, Kotlin, Python, Bash, PowerShell
* Experience in building and supporting teams building cloud native applications.
* Experience or understanding of MLOps pipelines.
* Experience in defining architecture strategies, roadmaps, and backlogs
* Experience in designing and delivering high-performance and scalable data-driven SaaS applications from a development, deployment, and maintenance perspective
* Experience in overseeing technical implementations undertaken by multiple scrum teams, comfortable being hands-on and close to the code as required.
* Experience using TOGAF, AWS Well Architected or similar architecture frameworks and methodologies
* Experience in architecting enterprise solutions in Azure, with AWS or GCP.
Other highly desirable, but not essential skills are:
* General knowledge of the Insurance Industry
* Previous experience working in start-up or working in an incubator.
* Familiarity with Microsoft .NET development environment, Visual Studio
If you are interested in applying for this role or want to find out more information please get in touch with myself via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mobile on 020 3868 5178, or apply via the apply link attached to this advert.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com