Senior SOC Analyst | 5 months | Inside IR35 | Birmingham| Shift work | 1 stage Interview
Jefferson Frank are proud to be continuously supporting a large business and IT consultancy who are in pursuit of an SC Cleared Senior SOC Analyst.
SC Clearance is required!
MUST be a sole British national!
Shift work: - Full Time On Site, 24 x7 cover including weekends; 3 shift teams rotating 11-12 hour shifts.
* The day-to-day management of personnel and tasking within the cyber domain of the Security Operations Centre.
* Monitoring for events across multiple security technologies, including intruder detection systems (IDS), Intruder prevention systems (IPS), Firewalls, End Point Security Solutions and vulnerability management solutions.
* Liaise with trusted partners to provide accurate threat identification. Recommend suitable mitigation measures and report the situation to senior management.
* Content development and analytics. Taking threat intelligence and tuning the SOC services to best protect the Agency's vulnerabilities.
* Leading engineering tasks in support of the continuous availability of SOC services.
* Ensure that SOC scheduled tasks, reported events and incidents are appropriately progressed.
* Assisting as required with Security, Risk, Compliance and Service reporting.
* Supporting the teams Analysts in the resolution of incidents where the defined procedure for an incident cannot be followed but escalation is not appropriate.
* Responding to incidents where a detailed understanding of the monitored estate is required and is beyond the capabilities of the other analysts on shift.
* Work alongside colleagues from personnel and physical security to assess events and categorise them appropriately.
* Be the single point of escalation for important event alerting. Assess events and bring them to the attention of the Incident Manager and Cyber defence team when appropriate
* Assist with maintenance of SOC documentation, processes, and procedures.
* Receiving and acting on calls, emails, alerts, etc. relating to security events and possible security incidents.
* Take responsibility for your team and its welfare in the absence of the SOC Manager.
* Provide expertise, guidance and advice in IT Security related matters, including maintaining up to date knowledge of network, application and communications security solutions, as well as emerging technologies.
* Collaboration with other Security Teams (Cyber Defence, IA, Operational, Physical and Personnel) and adjacent commands to support the overall aim of lowing risk to data loss.
* Support of senior management in the delivery of an effective and efficient departmental service, deputising where appropriate.
* Provide support, guidance and expertise in relation to Incident Management. Giving direction on vulnerability identification and risk mitigation.
* Make recommendations and provide policy guidance to senior management in SOC related areas.
* Develop and build internal and external partnerships working collaboratively to
foster good relations, including working with other government departments to further the SOC capabilities.
Collaborate with other shift leads, to find the most appropriate training courses to grow your teams capabilities.
If you have the required skills listed, please apply with your CV at first instance.