SC Cleared Safety Engineer | 12 months | Inside IR35 | Remote/Frimley, Surrey - 3 days max |
The public sector team here at Jefferson Frank are supporting a defence client who's in pursuit of a Safety Engineer.
Active Security Clearance is required!
The successful candidate will derive and manage Product Safety requirements, implement and maintain the Safety Management System, and ensure products are safe to own and legally operable. This position is vital to ensuring that products not only meet industry standards, but also exceed the end customer's expectations.
* Deriving and managing Product Safety requirements to ensure our products are compliant with regulations and safe for use.
* Developing, implementing, and maintaining the Safety Management System, in order to reduce risks and ensure operational efficiency.
* Leading the production and management of Project Safety Management Plans to ensure comprehensive safety measures are in place.
* Facilitating Product Safety hazard and risk identification, conducting safety assessments, and managing mitigation activities.
* Overseeing the construction and delivery of the Project Safety Case, including Safety Case reports, to guarantee that safety measures are comprehensively documented.
* STEM degree or equivalent, with a robust understanding of product design, manufacturing, assembly, commissioning, and testing.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.) to manage and present data efficiently.
* Strong analytical skills to analyse complex problems and identify the most critical safety issues.
* Ability to produce, present, and articulate clear, logical, and robust technical safety arguments.
* Excellent leadership skills with experience in chairing hazard identification meetings and other relevant safety-focused working groups.
* Professional chartership or working towards it, demonstrating a commitment to continuous professional development.
* Understanding of the application of wider Safety Case, Quality, and Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) Management System documentation.
* Experience in delivering training to Product Safety and Environmental domains and the wider community.
* Demonstrated capability in producing high-quality technical report writing.
If you are an experienced Product Safety who is passionate about delivering innovative software solutions and enjoy working in a collaborative environment, please apply with your CV at first instance!