Senior Cloud SRE - £80,000 - UK, Remote (1 day a month in office Edinburgh/Livingston)
*This role does not provide Sponsorship*
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We are currently seeking a top performing Senior Cloud Engineer to join our FinOps Team and will be passionate about helping to architect, engineer, lead, and mentor squads of engineers for an extraordinary cost reporting dashboard used Globally across multiple companies.
You'll get the opportunity to work across multiple CSPs and cloud environments to help us deliver solutions that help us provide clarity, insight, and management of our cloud estate.
As the team is expanding quite rapidly, there is a strong need for someone with a good amount of cloud and devops experience to help provide guidance and support, instilling good engineering practices and design principals, to other team members.
What you'll do:
* Contribute code to continue improving our cost and configuration reporting capability across our cloud environments (both public and private), drive towards automation of everything.
* You will help enable innovation through continuous integration and continuous deployment across technology stacks and demonstrate standard methodologies around advanced cloud solutions
* Work closely with the Platform DevOps teams to design and engineer innovative cloud platform solutions.
* Work closely with key stakeholders and other business units to manage expectations, assess work, understand key requirements, and how to progress work towards successful delivery
* Work closely with more junior engineers to ensure they understand business and technical requirements and can deliver effectively
* Provide product level oversight of solutions within the Cloud Finops team to ensure products can be engineered in a mature and pragmatic way aligned with other areas of the team.
What you'll bring:
* Experience as a "hands on" AWS, GCP, or Azure DevOps engineer in an enterprise environment and experienced with container technologies; Docker, Kubernetes or similar, good understanding of Linux and Java based OS and application stacks
* Validated knowledge of AWS, GCP, and Azure cloud platforms and tools
* Experience with multi org architectures and governance at scale (AWS Organizations/GCP Org)
* Experience with developing high and low level designs for serverless cloud architecture with strong documentation skills
* Has experience in delivering, designing, or refactoring cloud native solutions beyond IaaS.
* Experience with Cloud Services and their cost models
* Experience with software development and object orientated programming model with proficiency in at least one programming language, ideally Python.
* Experience in event driven architectures
* Experience with software testing and at least one testing methodology.
* Experience with scalable web application architecture and engineering concepts such as microservices, REST, and APIs
* Experience with testing code and writing tests
* Experience with Infrastructure as code, ideally Terraform
* Experience with automating tasks with CICD tooling such as Concourse
* Experience in source and version control methodologies and technologies, ideally Git.
* Good knowledge of repository management, managing CI triggers, managing git history
* Solid grasp of Agile and DevOps principles
* Experience in breaking down tasks, refinement, story pointing, and managing workloads between team members
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Please apply to the role by registering your interest by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reaching out via LinkedIn "Jamie Carter".
Tags: #AWS #GCP #Azure #DevOpsEngineer #Serverless #AWSCloudEngineer #SREEngineer #AWSDevOps #Remote #Hybrid #Agile #SRE #Zabbix #Prometheus #Grafana #PaaS #Kafka