Senior Cloud Engineer - Edinburgh - SPONSOR AVAILABLE
Salary up to £80k & up to 30% Bonus
You will be working in one of the fastest growing and dynamic areas of the business and supporting them in delivering an exceptional cloud infrastructure for customers. You'll help to define and establish a continuous delivery approach on thei AWS cloud platform.
The team is new and growing rapidly, looking for talented colleagues to help deliver ambitious and market leading services that live up to their industry leading reputation.
What you need to do
As a Senior Cloud Engineer working within a team engaged in delivery and running the cloud platform to ensure the scalability, reliability, security and efficiency of the environments that host their applications.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer you will:
* Help lead on the delivery of best in breed cloud services to them within a Cloud function.
* Deploy and configure production systems, with a particular focus on automation, ease of configuration, reduction of human error, repeatability and security.
* Collaborate with other DevOps Engineers to design, implement and evolve automated pipelines in the cloud.
* Take a lead role in design, collaborating with product owners and architects
* Understand operational impacts to architectural Cloud decisions
* Monitor new features/functionality and assess their Ops implications to continuously improve services.
* Ensure Identity and Access Management controls are in place and strictly adhered to
* Triage support questions & diagnose specific query performance issues
* Monitor infrastructure by setting appropriate thresholds and react to event driven alerts appropriately.
* Discover and recommend ways to improve reliability and efficiency
* Perform other integration and Dev/Ops activities for Cloud Operations as required.
* Maintain an overarching service dashboard and reporting
* Produce and maintain documentation of support processes & resolutions to known operational issues.
What you need to know
* Be experienced working with Agile delivery teams in a fast paced, DevOps environment
* Have a solid understanding of AWS
* You will take a best practice approach to writing infrastructure as code.
* Testing plays a crucial role in our products and so experience in writing automated tests and pipelines is a must.
* Substantial experience in Terraform
* Be diligent and positive about tracking (JIRA), system monitoring, security, auditing and other ways of ensuring the quality of the platform and the processes around it
* Good understanding of source and version control tools such as Gitlab
* An up-to-date understanding of Cloud technology base and a general understanding of other technology bases.
* Be kept abreast with developments in the IT industry, in particular around Cloud providers & services.
* Experience and proven track record as a member of a Cloud team within an Operations function.
* Line management experience
Resources available to me
* The knowledge and support of the Cloud Ops team and other engineers.
* A wholly engaged business with no shortage of appetite for information to help them be more successful.
* Training as required.
* Personal development and training.
To apply or for more info please contact email@example.com, call 0191 814 7785 or LinkedIn 'Oliver King'