SC Software Engineer
Inside IR35 | 6 months + extension | 2 days in Reading/Remote (flexible) | 1 stage Interview
Security Clearance is required!
Must be willing to undergo an NPPV3 clearance
You will join a dedicated team tasked with migrating a very large Oracle 11gR1 database and PL/SQL code to PostgreSQL in AWS Cloud. This programme is in its infancy so an excellent opportunity for an engineer with the right knowledge and experience to make a deep impact upon the shape and direction of the programme.
* Assist as part of a team on the design components of systems
* Code, document changes, follow established processes and conduct unit testing
* Ensure adherence to secure coding standards and best practices
* Produce designs, including for instance program specifications or prototypes/MVPs and backup, recovery and restart procedure, data flows, etc.
* Undertake the complete technical design of smaller applications or components of larger applications using templates and tools
* Produce designs and document all work, using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping/MVP where appropriate
* Contribute to the development of coding- and security standards and processes
* Support the team in troubleshooting technical issues
* PostgreSQL PL/pgSQL
* Oracle PL/SQL
* Code conversion of PL/SQL to PL/pgSQL
* Data Migration from Oracle to PostgreSQL
* PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
* Data Migration experience
* Performance Tuning
AWS Cloud Services
If you have the skills required, please apply with your CV at first instance.