Performance Tester - Oxford/ Remote - £70,000
We're proudly at the heart of the UK's critical internet infrastructure. Leading the charge in cyber security, as we explore and pioneer new technology. We do this to enable connectivity, inclusivity, and security for our world - and create a vibrant digital future.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This exciting role sits in within our Cyber team - if you are a quality focused software engineer who thrives on building automation frameworks and driving high quality agile development practices into a team, then this is the role for you!
We need a Test Engineer to take the current automation and enhance the tooling and tests to help the team build some of the most innovative cyber security products on the market.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Key to this role is the ownership of end to performance testing for applications, working closely with Product Owners and wider Engineering teams and researching and building tooling for user cases.
As a Performance Test Engineer, you can expect to:
* Own and Manage the backlog of performance & scale tests and work with the team to deliver high-quality, resilient test cases that verify performance, scale and endurance of the features and the overall product
* Produce high quality automation for the performance & scale testing that is sustainable, repeatable with high quality reports that show the performance & scale status
* Work with the engineering teams to ensure that appropriate monitoring is in place so that the relevant system metrics can be captured during performance & scale tests
* Cross-train the Cyber team and wider engineering teams on effective performance & scale automation
But thats not all - you can also expect to provide
* Effective reporting on test results, coverage and quality using measure and metrics
* Cost/Benefit analysis for performance & scale tests
* Research and Development on tooling choices
WHO YOU ARE:
You will thrive in this role if you are naturally inquisitive and love to drive conversation. You'll be happy owning the performance & scale test infrastructure and pushing forward with improvements and enhancements to meet the teams' needs, using your strong coaching and mentoring skills to work with engineers on performance & scale testing
Its essential that you have:
* Coding skills in Java, Python or similar languages
* Experience working with cloud automation tools and knowledge of cloud infrastructure frameworks in AWS/Azure/GCP
* Ability to understand the design and architecture of the system under test and to identify performance impacts across the product
* Strong networking technology skills as well as influencing and inter-personal communication skills
* Experience of working within an Agile organisation
It would be a bonus if you also had:
* Experience of working with Cyber related products
* A love of learning - you'll like to maintain a good knowledge of technologies and techniques in a field that is constantly evolving
If you are interested in applying for this role or want to find out more information please get in touch with myself via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mobile on 020 3868 5178, or apply via the apply link attached to this advert.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com