Infrastructure Architect Role
MUST HOLD ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE AND BE SOLE BRITISH NATIONAL
The role of the Infrastructure Architect is to:
* Act as the focus of an Infrastructure Team developing Infrastructure solutions, contributing general technical knowledge and experience.
* Set and manage stakeholder expectations regarding infrastructure.
* Assess current and emergent technology, giving advice on price and performance.
* Develop relationships with infrastructure product vendors.
* Align the technology with the business and customer goals, identifying benefits and risk mitigation approaches associated with the proposed solution.
* Apply appropriate technical standards.
* Ensure infrastructure risks are managed, in particular non-functional requirements, including availability, scalability and performance.
* Support formal and informal technical reviews to assure quality of the infrastructure solution design.
* Own the list of infrastructure concerns, architectural decisions and contributes to the technical risk register.
* Coordinate plans and actions with project manager to make best use of available resources, including specialists such as service architects.
* Own collated infrastructure effort estimates and costs from teams, subcontractors and suppliers for one or more subsystems.
* Support the development of team members by knowledge sharing and mentoring.
* Ability to to write and communicate on proposals at an architectural level.
* Ability to present Infrastructure solutions to clients.
* Ability to review technical designs to ensure that the requirements are met.
* Ability to share knowledge at an architect level.
* Ability to identify, assess and mitigate technical and non-technical issues and risks.
* Ability to generate reliable cost estimates for infrastructure elements of small to medium sized projects.
* Experience of capacity and performance assessment.
* Process Management
* Technical Architecture