Java API Developer - Up to £65,000 + Share Options + Bonus
Glasgow office 1/2 times per month
As part of my client's software development team for cloud-based SaaS products, your mission is to develop and deliver top quality server-side code powering our world-class scientific computing applications. As an experienced developer you will be a key contributor on our back-end team, carrying out a variety of projects but primarily focused on design and implementation of server-side APIs. You'll work in close collaboration with a highly experienced group of software architects, developers, application engineers, and product managers, together building out the future of engineering simulation.
* Reading legacy RESTful codebase written in Java and testing changes reliably.
* Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish useful RESTful API's and handling integration.
* Collaborating with Cloud Developers on topics such as cloud infrastructure requirements and CICD deployment.
* Interfacing with external and partner API's.
* Representing the cloud/backend team within the UK
* Developing ideas for new API's, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
* Strong understanding of RESTful APIs (Jersey, Tomcat), OpenAPI (Swagger) Documentation, WebSockets, Pub/Sub, and Streaming paradigms.
* Proficiency in Java.
* Understanding of basic NoSQL Databases such as Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB.
Nice to Have:
* Proficiency in Docker, Kubernetes, and Serverless Environments such as AWS Lambda.
* Proficiency in Golang.
* Understanding of version control systems such as git and GitHub.
* Understanding of CICD tools such as Jenkins.
* Startup atmosphere: interesting challenges, positive environment, teamwork, learning opportunities, performance measured on ability to deliver as an individual and as part of a team
* The chance to provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology
* Generous stock option plan in a pre-IPO Silicon Valley startup
* Up to 10% annual bonus (subject to Board approval)
Salary will be based upon experience.
Contact number: 0191 814 7785