Solution Architect - Remote - Salary to £75,000
Our client is a leading provider of voice capture solutions globally. Their fundamental purpose is to capture all voice communications from anywhere, irrespective of source and our talented, intuitive and quality focused software developers work on a range of development projects to support this.
You will be responsible for our clients platform architecture, undertaking continual review and making relevant recommendations for improvement. You will work closely with the Head of Innovation and Head of Development in executing on the technical vision and ensuring that technical solutions meet customer and market requirements. You will have experience in leading an architecture function or in having sole responsibility for software architecture and will be passionate about technology and product design.
* Support the Head of Research and Design in defining and communicating the technical vision and architectural runway.
* Be responsible for platform architecture with approval from the Head of Research and Design, undertaking continual review and making relevant recommendations for improvement.
* Assess and communicate the business impact of technical options selected.
* Create and maintain architectural patterns and guidelines for technical design that deliver platform performance, security, ease of release and deployment, usability and ease of servicing.
* Create and sign off on technical designs for development to work from, flagging concerns or risks where relevant about technical solutions being implemented.
* Ensure that technical designs minimize complexity and redesign, maximise reuse and clearly address the 'problem' we're trying to solve.
* Create and maintain the Technology Roadmap and runway to include all components used across the platform (EA and current)
* Prepare architecture for program increment planning and support team through execution
* Ensure that guidelines exist and are followed for the use of open source
* Ensure that architectural standards and best practice are understood and followed by the wider development team.
* Ensure that technical debt is a continual focus and not allowed to increase over time.
* Ensure that clear governance exists around architectural and design decision making.
* Work with the Head of Development and Head of Research and Design to assess how prototype code created for us in proofs of concept (POCs) which can expedite the delivery of fully functioning productized solutions.
* Previous experience in software development and solution architecture
* Passion for technology and problem solving through technical solutions
* Strong customer presentation and communication skills
* Highly capable of clearly conveying complex technical solutions to the wider development team and able to create technical requirements and technical feature stories
* Familiar with working within an agile scrum methodology and worked as a technical product owner
* The desire to work in a faced paced environment
* Strong organizational and leadership skills
In-depth understanding of the following concepts:
* Event Sourcing / Command Query Responsibility Segregation
* Microservices Architecture
* Event Driver Architecture
* Security by design
* API Contract design
* API Gateway and Management
* Cloud Architecture
For more information or to apply send across your updated CV and we can look at arranging a meeting with our client.