Data Engineer - Fully Remote - up to £75K
About the role:
* You will propose and implement solutions using a range of AWS infrastructure, including S3, Redshift, Lambda, Step Functions, DynamoDB, AWS Glue and Matillion.
* You will liaise with clients to define requirements, refine solutions and ultimately hand over to clients' own technical teams.
* You will have exposure to CI/CD processes, or at least be keen to learn.
What are we looking for?
* You should delight in creating something from nothing on greenfield projects.
* We're looking for people who can't let go of interesting problems. We need people who can work independently; but we're a close-knit, supportive team - we like to learn new things and share our ideas, so that clients get the best return on their investments.
* Experience in analysing and cleansing data using a variety of tools and techniques.
* Familiarity with AWS data lake related components.
* Hands on experience with Informatica.
* Extensive experience of ETL and using patterns for cloud data warehouse solution (e.g. ELT).
* Hands on experience with Matillion
* Familiarity with variety of Databases, incl. structured RDBMS.
* Experience in working with a variety of data formats, JSON, XML, CSV, Parquet etc.
* Experience with building and maintaining data dictionaries / meta-data.
* Experience of Linux and cloud environments.
* Data Visualisation Technologies (e.g. Amazon QuickSight, Tableau, Looker, QlikSense).
* Familiarity with large data techniques (Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark etc.)
* Familiarity with providing data via a micro service API.
* Experience with other public cloud data lake.
* AWS Certifications (particularly Solution Architect Associate and Big Data Speciality).
* Machine Learning.