Java Software Engineer
4,500 - 4,800 €
Innovative Product Development Company
3 days x Remote
The client is a company who started as a start-up almost 15 years ago, and currently is a fully established and successful company that develops a software product, which is considered as unique, very advanced and extremely innovative. The software is being used by the client's customers, who are giants of the industries they're working on, and they're spread around the world, proving that the product has an international reach because of its advanced efficiency and quality. To give you an example, the company's client portfolio includes names like Eni, Total, Pfizer, WaterNet, Solvay, AkzoNobel, Evonik and many, many more!
About their product, let's just say that it's a unique and very advanced software, that is utilizing Data and Analytics in order to help the client optimize their whole process and operations, track and trace problems, while preventing and predicting future malfunctions. Apart from that, the product is offering many more services to the companies using it, services that can be vital and game changing for the clients. If you really want to work in a product that is making an impact, being unique, this might be your chance!
The role and responsibilities
The client is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join the R&D team and help the company with Innovation and continuously improving their product!
The most important is to have the right mindset and be a good cultural fit, because the company wants to bring collaborative people onboard, who match the culture of the team. The ideal candidate should have sufficient skills in Java Development, be able to coach/mentor Junior developers, work closely with the Tech Lead and help with the Architecture of the platform. There is room to grow into a Tech Lead in the future as well, if you are in position to demonstrate your skills and prove your experience.The client is very open-minded as a company and they're encouraging people to voice their opinion, and give their suggestions in new tools and approaches. Ability to build sustainable software and software that other people can easily continue working on, is considered as a big plus!
The right person will be able to demonstrate
* At least 4 years of hands on experience in Java Development.
* Knowledge and experience in Springboot is preferred.
* Ability to coach/mentor Junior people of the team, demonstrate best practices and assist in Architecture.
* Affinity with other programming languages apart from Java is a plus.
* Result driven, positive and collaborative mindset.
* Fluency in English
* Knowledge in DevOps and CI/CD is always welcome, but not a hard requirement.
* Willingness to stay in a company in the long term.
* Willingness to be part of a unique company with a very popular product.
* Trustful and honest character who wants to actively contribute to what the company is doing.
What you should expect
The client has a people-first policy. They understand that everyone has their own lives and they're very flexible to make adjustments, in case you have something personal to do for example. If you need to pick up your kids from school, take someone to the doctor or if anything urgent appears, you don't need to worry, as the company cares about your work-life balance. Apart from that, you should expect:
* Base salary of up to €4800 gross/month, tailored to your level of experience.
* Company car and fully paid fuel card for Belgium.
* Vacation allowance.
* A great room for personal growth with frequent performance reviews. The candidate will be able to grow to a Tech Lead in the future.
* A Net allowance of 120 €/month.
* Meal vouchers of around 150€/month.
* Flexible work hours.
* Big budget for training in soft and hard skills.
* 32 days of holidays.
* 3 days remote/week even after Covid. If you prefer to have less remote , this is also an option of course.
* Flat culture/structure, no micromanagement and open communication is the core of their business.
If interested, contact me : h.joly@Jeffersonfrank.com