Java Developer - Manchester
As a Java Developer you will join at an exciting time of growth in our clients Engineering team. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your Object Orientated Programming Java skills. You will use your passion for technology, looking to become the best Developer you can be within an exciting Extreme programming, Test Driven Development environment working on software within the Financial Services Industry.
Our client is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to dynamic working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
* Operating as a software engineer with a focus on Java
* Learning new programming concepts
* Working in an End to End development environment to produce the best code possible
* Managing business requirements to understand how system requirements fit within the overall business solution
* Monitoring requirements to understand how both functional and non-functional aspects (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.) need to be met
* Analysing and understanding customer needs and priorities to provide quality services
* Explaining, advocating and expressing facts and ideas in a variety of settings orally, in presentations and in writing
What you'll need:
* A background in Spring/Spring Boot, Java 8, Node, Gradle, Maven and Ant
* Experience with JUnit, Mockito, Micro Services, CQRS and event sourcing
* Exposure to RESTful Services, Git, MongoDB, Cassandra and Postgres
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Exposure to Extreme Programming Environment
* DevoOps skills (eg Docker, Jenkins etc)
* Exposure to OOP with C, C++, C#, Scale would all be very useful
Where will you be working?
Based in the Manchester office, which is in the heart of the city centre. Offering a modern working environment, with restaurants, bars and gyms just a stone's throw away from the office.