Backend Developer | Contract | Remote
Jefferson Frank are currently supporting a specialist consultancy in search for a Backend Developer. The team is based in Luxembourg working with the Amazon Transportation Network engaging with AWS to assist enhancing an existing weather solution which provides weather information downstream.
Aim of project:
1 Build a common solution across all the regions starting from the existing ones
2 Have a more detailed temporal and geographical granularity
3 Deliver P0 requirements listed in the business requirements document
Start date: ASAP
Location: Fully remote
Duration: 6 month contract
Rate: Competitive market rates
Must Have Skills
- Excellent understanding and command of server-side languages, preferably Java.
- Experience in modern architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, reactive architectures, event-driven architectures)
- Thorough understanding of REST principles and best practices of building and using RESTful APIs
- Experience with AWS cloud using services like IAM, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudFront and RDS/DynamoDB.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and working knowledge of DevOps principles, automated deployments, continuous integration, building highly scalable and secure web applications
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with Amazon builder tools (Amazon pipeline, Brazil, Bones e.t.c)
- Experienced in engineering best practices such as code refactoring, design patterns
- T-shaped full stack developers, besides having expertise in few back-end technologies, can also work with other front-end technologies.
1 Sprint Zero. Team formation, tool and environment setup, design and architectural standards are established.
2 Agile Development of the business use cases. Use cases are prioritized into backlog, broken down into sub-tasks, and work completed in an iterative and continuous fashion.
3 Handover. The team delivers final documentation and knowledge-transfer sessions to the Amazon GTTS team.
If you are interested in this role, then please apply or feel free to email/call me and we can discuss the role further, thank you!
📞 0203 148 4638